Friday 5 August 2011

Exciting times

Well, last night I returned to Brussels from Paris.  This morning, in about 20 minutes, I leave for Amsterdam!  This will be my 3rd time going to Amsterdam and I'm quite excited because I'm going for 5 days.  It will be much more slow paced than my last few trips there and I'll be able to visit some new museums and explore more of the city!  The most exciting part this time is that my friends from University will be there!!  My roommates and our friend will be together once again!

Paris was really amazing.  The architectural uniformity was really impressive - the city is split into 20 sections, each having their own distinctive character but each blending and existing in harmony as well.  In short, it is every bit as beautiful as all the movies show it to be.  I saw Midnight in Paris by Woody Allen recently and I think he captures a lot of the beauty of the city.

I'll write more about the trip when I get back from Amsterdam, but I can't leave you without at least one picture so here's one!


Here I am with everything French - wine, a baguette and camembert cheese.  (A.k.a. the stinkiest cheese ever)

Au revoir Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia class action lawsuit