Sunday 14 August 2011

Oostende, Mamma Mia & goodbyes

A few weekends back, I went to Oostende.  It's a coastal city in Belgium, more south than Knokke, which is where I went in October.  I liked the city - the air felt fresh and sea-like.  Anyway, we saw Mamma Mia!!  The last time I saw it I was about 15 or something and I went to Toronto for it.  This time it was just as fun!  We also visited a museum - it was the house of the first King & Queen of Belgium.  They weren't terribly rich, so it was interesting to see that they lived in (almost) a normal house!  In fact, the Irish pub (where we ate dinner) was much more lavish than the King's house!  Here are the pictures from Oostende!





That was that!  It was fun!

Tomorrow's the big day.  I've got my bags packed and I'm trying as much as I can to say goodbye to everyone.  Last night we had one last shindig, and lots of people came.  It was really nice to see all of those people one more time before I leave. 

My trip home will probably be fairly regular.  I have to stop in London for 3 hours, but I've done that 3 times now so I know the airport and won't get lost!  Luckily, my roommate Fabian has a car for now and he's going to be able to take me to the airport so I won't have to lug that massive piece of luggage to the airport on the bus.  Good news!

The last time I flew with British Airways, I was upgraded to first class.  It was spectacular.  I don't think that will happen a second time!  I think it was very lucky that it even happened once!  Therefore, I'll have to settle with flying with the commoners again.  sigh.

I might make one more blog post when I get back to Canada, but this will be my last one that I make from Belgium.  It has been a great year - lots of traveling and exploring, learning and discovering.  Thank you to everyone who has made it so special.  Thank you to the Belgians for welcoming me and keeping brightness in my life even though it was almost always raining outside!!  lol

I will be in Canada soon enough and I will be able to see all of those people again who I haven't seen since Christmas, and some of you I haven't seen since last September!

That's that I suppose.  I've had a great year.  Oh!  Thank you to my visitors also!  My parents, my sister and Tamara.  Also my university peeps who didn't quite make it to Brussels, but at least we met in Amsterdam!

Ok, now that's that!  It's been great.  Thanks for reading yet another blog of mine!  As I sign off from Belgium, I wonder - will there be a blog #3??

1 comment:

  1. Is that a joke? Of course there will be a blog #3!
    We have to have some excuse to visit a far off place!!!!

    ReplyDelete

avandia class action lawsuit