Tuesday 12 April 2011

Jobs

Well, after a long search, I have found a job.  Actually, 3.  I have 2 private English students, one of whom I taught yesterday and one whom I will teach this afternoon.  I also will work at a juice bar (kind of like Booster Juice in Canada) located at the airport.  It's like a smoothie place, where you get a smoothie of blended fruit, frozen yogurt and other stuff.  I've had it a couple of times and it's really really good.  A bit expensive, but now that I work there I don't have to worry about that!  I start that job on Thursday.  Then I am working also for a market research company which I visit hotels for around the city.  It's pretty simple.  In fact, I did it today and it only took me an hour and 20 minutes. 

So, like I said I will teach this afternoon in about 2 hours.  It should be fun.  I used my rubik's cube in yesterday's lesson!  Actually, I started the lesson with it.  I gave it to her (almost finished) and told her to close her eyes.  I gave her verbal instructions on how to finish it, and she did.  It was to illustrate the importance of listening and understanding - 2 things that are most difficult when learning a new language!

I don't think I'll start my lesson like that today, because my student today is not at an advanced level of comprehension, like my student yesterday.

Ok, time to go. Bye!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Ian!! Enjoy your new jobs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaching tool! Good idea and fun....

    ReplyDelete

avandia class action lawsuit