Friday 22 October 2010

3 weeks

Well, it has been 3 weeks since I departed for Belgium.  Yesterday we didn't end up going to the museum.  Well, that's a lie.  We went, but closed at 8 and we got there at like 7:54.  Sigh.

On the weekend, when I went to the North Sea, the part of Holland I saw was a place called Cadzand Bad.  Here's a more detailed view.

We were on that big area there in the middle.  To the right (past the grey line) is the Netherlands.  That small area right there would be Cadzand Bad.

Today, I'm very excited.  I googled "things to do in Brussels".  The first link that came up was 

10 Things To Do in Brussels Besides Drinking Beer

.  Now, I've done lots of the things that they suggest already, but number 9 I haven't done... visit the European Parliament.  I'm excited for that.  Right now, Belgium doesn't have a government.  That's a different topic... one that I don't completely understand, but the Flemish and French sections of the country are disagreeing and somehow they haven't got a government right now.  It's been that way for about 3 months now, and they are expecting it to go until Christmas or maybe longer.

Anyway, that is what I'm doing today.  The tour starts at 3pm, and I should be there 15 minutes before that.  So, before the tour I'm going to go practice piano and that's about it!  I'm not quite sure what's on the agenda for this weekend, but I'm sure whatever it is will be fun.

Today's weather - grey skies, cold.  This is the Belgium I hear about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

avandia class action lawsuit